It won't end

My very, very, very first soong! 

❤❤❤❤❤

I've been wanting to share this with you for a really long time and I'm not patient. 

Background 



So in my previous school each class had to do a media programme,  and as the class monitor I took the responsibility of it when the time was up.

So I discussed with the class and we settled into the theme friendship. 
I had done this thing before, and I knew the right structure by heart: two people for announcing, one to do the news bulletin, 2 speeches in the 2 languages and a song. Short and sweet. 

So I had just dropped music and had taken to English Literature and also there were plenty of music students in our class.
It's not a nice relationship between western and eastern music communities in our school,  but as much as I detested them, I went ahead and asked them to sing a song. So I decided with 1 English song and 1 Sinhala.  

When all was set and done, our English singers were finding it difficult to sing the songs with the theme friendship. 
Crash landing in crisis is not surprising, but I had the solution.  With my experience at writing poetry,  I sat down then and wrote this.

That happened almost an year ago, and I'm still happy with it. Of course it needs loads of improvement, but today I did a voice recording of the raw thing. 





LYRICS: 

You are holding my hand and we'll never part,
Though it is the dark light is never far,
We'll all stay together,  stepping on, stepping on together, 
And no star will outshine us, our friendship will guide us -
From life to death it won't end. 

The light that shined you, you gave to me, 
The hand you stretched out - you were there for me,
Through life and through death it won't end for me,
We are friends forever, holding hands together, 
And we will live, and we will stay -
From life to death it won't end. 

Carved in my heart is your smiling face, 
Echoing in my mind is your heal for my pains,
And though great mountains collapsed you became my strength, 
We are friends forever,  holding hands together,
My friend you will be,  in my heart you will see - 
From life to death it won't end. 

I hope to release a more satisfying outcome in YouTube,  but just listen to this and let me know how it sounds like. 😉❤

Comments

Popular Posts